Olive Oil Tasting in Paciano – Umbria Tuscany
Come and visit us at il Fontanaro to experience our extra virgin olive oil tasting.
Here is a brief introduction on what you will learn with us:
- The color of the extra virgin olive oil is not an indication of its purity or lack of it.
- The true extra virgin olive oil is the result of the first press of olives, shortly after they have been picked,
ideally within few hours from the time they are picked.
- It will be special to learn about Olive Oil Tasting in Paciano, Umbria Tuscany at Fontanaro.
You will learn also to read the olive oil packaging and to choose among all at the shop.
- Two factors affect the quality of the olive oil: light and heat. The olive oil is best preserved in dark
containers, away from a light or heat source.
- If the olive oil is preserved under normal conditions, its qualities remain unaltered for at least one year
from the time it is pressed.
- Steps for the olive oil tasting and of the preparation of the true “bruschetta”:
- First sample a single drop of the olive oil. You should experience a slight tingling in your throat.
- Next rub a clove of garlic on a toasted slice of bread, then pour evenly the olive oil over the slice of bread.
- As a last step, rub half a ripe tomato over the bread.
The toasted bread, with the garlic, extra virgin olive oil and tomato rubbing, is now the “bruschetta”,
ready for the enjoyment of the palate.
Read more also at: https://www.oliveoiltimes.com/
To book a class write to: email@example.com
or call us at Fontanaro, the Italian Country Slow Living in Paciano, Umbria.
Read our reviews on Tripadvisor.
Il Fontanaro Organic Olive Oil estate is always proud to show you the olive mill and the estate and to share with the passion for the best Italian olive oil in the world!